Monday, June 22, 2015

Did I Make a Difference

In the wake of the young man who chose to go into a Bible study and point a finger with loaded lead projectiles...I got to thinking about a song that I'd penned for my friend Todd.  At the time, Todd was actively involved in online forums that were all about decrying the importance of Jesus.  His activeness brought several to a saving knowledge of Christ both online and offline.  It's been a decade if not more since this has seen the light of day.  This is also a shout out to a new friend Tyler that I met yesterday.  I've added a line to give mention of the Christians in Iraq.

So quickly, that's how I'm gonna go
So suddenly, maybe before tomorrow
Abruptly, in the twinkling of an eye
In the sweet by and by

Will you wonder where I've gone?
Did I leave a hole in your life?
Will you wonder where and how
Did I make a difference in your life?

So quickly, that's how it's gonna end
So suddenly, with the loss of a head
Abruptly, with the report of a gun
Before you had your time to be done

Will they wonder where you've gone?
Did you leave a hole in their life?
Will they wonder where and how?
Did you make a difference in their life?

Say you're driving down the highway of life
Underneath the overpass
Suddenly basketball-sized hailstones surround you
Crushing you, now you have no breath of life

So quickly, that's how my friends will go
So suddenly, maybe before tomorrow
Abruptly, I have no chance to say goodbye
I cannot look them in the eye...

Will I wonder where they have gone?
Did they leave a hole in my life?
Will I wonder where and how did they
make a difference, did they make a difference?

Is anybody gonna wonder where you've gone?
Are you leaving holes in their life?
Is anybody gonna wonder where and how?
Have you made a difference?
Did you make a difference?
Did I really make a difference and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yea or Nay?